Happy Auguest everyone! I’m Jialing and this is my 5th year as the grand finale for Amcarmen’s Kitchen’s Auguest series. I’ve learnt a lot in these past five years, but clearly not how to stop procrastinating.
I am at a friend’s wedding, typing away on my phone as quickly as I can while waiting for dinner to come out, moments before it is meant to go live (despite Allison having sent me daily reminders – sorry mate). If you, like me, frequently find yourself with many commitments, and little time, boy do I have a recipe for you! Having learnt from my previous Auguest blogs, this recipe uses just a few ingredients and equipment, and comes together in 15 minutes!
As a bonus, it is vegetarian friendly, and can be easily adapted to be gluten friendly, by swapping out the bread. But it’s not for vegans. Sorry. Please direct yourself to Auguest 2016 for my Poached Pears with Chocolate Chia Mousse if that’s what you’re after.
PREP TIME 5 MINS | COOKING TIME 10-12 MINS | SERVES 4-6*
*Or one (1) very hungry Jialing.
- 200g Brie cheese
- 3 pears
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp honey
- Crusty bread
- Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F or gas mark 4) and line a tray with baking paper – this will help keep the honey from sticking to the surface when it caramelises!
- Cut pears into quarters, and lay onto the baking tray, leaving space for the brie cheese in centre.
- Place the unwrapped brie cheese in the centre of the tray and lay whole sprigs of rosemary on top.
Tip: Laying them on top rather than poking them into the cheese infuses the flavour without creating holes that the melting cheese will spill out of as it bakes!
- Pile walnuts gently on top of the rosemary sprigs, and drizzle the brie cheese and pears generously with honey.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the brie cheese is soft and the honey just starts to bubble. As the honey cools it will caramelise the walnuts.
- Gently lift the brie cheese using spatula and place onto a cheese board. Arrange pears (careful, they’ll be hot too) and fresh strawberries around the brie cheese and serve immediately with fresh crusty bread. Enjoy!
And here we have a rather curious Winston.
Photo Courtesy & Recipe Copyright © 2019 | Jialing Mew
– Jialing Mew