Hello Everyone! We’re on our third Apple recipe for the month of March, which means that we’re close to yet another month flying by so quickly! I’ll keep tonight’s post short – and no it’s not because I’m pressed for time to get this post up for you guys by tonight, but rather, I believe I don’t have much of a back story to this post, nor do I have anything personal to share with you guys for this week.
With that being said, do check out the original recipe that I followed to make these juicylicious Cinnamon-Apple Pork Chops from Taste of Home. It’s a very quick and easy autumn-inspired dish to put together for a delicious mid-week dinner! Yes I am aware that it is summer in the Philippines (where I am currently residing at), but like I’ve said in previous posts, it’s autumn somewhere around the world!
PREP TIME 5 MINS | COOKING TIME 15 MINS | SERVES 6
- 6 bone-in pork chops, about 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 large Red Delicious Apples, washed and wedged
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the unsalted butter over medium heat. Add the pork chops and cook about 3-4 minutes per side or until browned. If your skillet isn’t large enough to fit all the chops at once, work in batches. Once done, remove and set aside in the oven (heat off) to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining butter together with the brown sugar mixture, chopped walnuts, and wedged apples. Cook and stir until the apples are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with the chops along with some creamy mashed potatoes and blanched green French beans on the side to complete your meal. Enjoy!
– Ally xx