Hello everyone! Yesterday afternoon I made some deliciously yummy lemon curd for today’s tea and scones party (which I will write about and post the recipe to basic scones tomorrow).
I decided to make it to go with the scones because I saw photographs of lemon curd being used as a spread with scones. I never knew the combination of the two go well together. It was heaven – scone, lemon curd, and whipped cream (and I’m not talking about the canned whipped cream; I find it very artificial-tasting to be honest). I followed the recipe from Taste, but I must say, it took me more than 10 minutes to get it at the desired consistency. I don’t know if it’s because I was doing it wrong, or the timing is a bit off in the recipe – but nonetheless it tasted SO good.
PREP TIME 5 MINS | COOKING TIME 45 MINS | SERVES 2 JARS
- 2 whole large free range eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 80g unsalted butter, chilled
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- Whisk the whole eggs, yolks and sugar in a saucepan until smooth. Then place the saucepan over low heat.
- Add the butter, lemon juice, and zest and whisk continuously until thickened (original recipe says about 10 minutes, but I took at least 45 minutes to get it really thick and to the right consistency, or at least the consistency I wanted it to be at).
- Pour into a sterilised jar, cover, and keep in the fridge (lemon curd keeps for up to 2 weeks).
– Ally xx