Hello Everyone! So I actually cooked up these bad boys over the weekend for a lovely Sunday brunch. I honestly did not intentionally make it look like a face – it just so happened that when I pulled them out of the oven and was taking photos of the outcome did I realise it was smiling back at me. A happy Sunday indeed (even though it’s like Thursday already). Also, don’t forget to check out the original recipe on SBS.
PREP TIME 5 MINS | COOKING TIME 20-25 MINS | SERVES 4
- 250ml tomato passata
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 red capsicum, cut into slices
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Ground sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- In a small frypan, heat the olive oil over medium heat and gently sweat the onions and garlic. Add the sliced capsicum and cook for another 4–5 minutes to soften them a bit.
- Add the chorizo slices to pan with the vegetables and stir to cook until the capsicum and onions are really soft. Add the bay leaf, passata, and a splash of water. Cook for a further 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sauce to 4 individual shallow ramekins and crack an egg in each. Bake for about 5–10 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve immediately with a side of soldiers.
– Ally xx