Hello Everyone! I’ll keep this short and to the point today, to compensate for a rather long post yesterday. Also only because I don’t have an amazing back story to tell! I mean, it’s just Salted Caramel Sauce really. Don’t forget to check out the original recipe at American Heritage Cooking where dubbed the BEST Salted Caramel Sauce.
PREP TIME 2 MINS | COOKING TIME 10 MINS | MAKES 1 JAR
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 170g unsalted butter, room temperature and cut into pieces
- 1 cup double cream, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sea salt rocks
- In a small saucepan, melt the sugar over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Once all the sugar has melted, watch your caramel carefully, swirling the pan occasionally.
- As soon as the sugar turns amber in colour add the butter and whisk vigorously until all the butter has melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slowly pour in the cream while whisking vigorously until the cream is incorporated well, and then whisk in the sea salt rocks.
Now, the salted caramel in this recipe was used for Lydia’s birthday cake (which I did a post on yesterday). If you are making this sauce to keep for other recipes, set the sauce aside to cool for 15 minutes prior to pouring it into a glass jar, that has been sterilised, to cool completely. You can then refrigerate the sauce for up to 2 weeks, but remember to warm it up before using.
– Ally xx
9 thoughts on “Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce”
This looks delicious! Will definitely give it a go!
So good! Definitely give it a go! 😀
Can I use a bit of honey to this sauce?
Hi Ema! I think you can, but probably add it once the caramel is done. I haven’t tried myself, but I did find a recipe where they used honey to make their caramel – maybe this might interest you, http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2011/01/step-by-step-honey-caramel-sauce/
Thanks for the link, I love caramel recipe… ❤ ❤
Great , will definitely try one day.
[…] For the salted caramel sauce […]
[…] may also opt to drizzle the pineapple slices with homemade salted caramel sauce […]