TGIF! Hope everyone had a good week. Today’s dish is once again pulled from my 1000 Italian Recipes Cookbook, though I must say that the ingredients are hardly Italian at all – but nonetheless packed with flavour and again very little ingredients needed. Today’s post will be a short one as I don’t have a long back story for you to endure before getting to the recipe, but please do enjoy this lovely dish.
PREP TIME 10 MINS | COOKING TIME 18-20 MINS | SERVES 2
- 1 cup spirali pasta (or other shaped pasta)
- 250g tiger prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup (200ml) coconut milk
- 1 stalk lemongrass, ends crushed and tips sliced
- 1 red bird’s eye chilli, sliced
- Zest of 1 lime
- Ground salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain and set aside reserving about 2-3 tbsp of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan together with the crushed lemon grass, lime zest and half of the chilli slices. Leave to simmer over low-heat for about 10-15 minutes for the flavours to infuse into the milk.
- Add the prawns and leave until they turn pink (about 3 minutes), then stir in the chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Fish out the lemongrass stalks and toss through the pasta. Garnish with remaining chilli and lemongrass slices. Serve.
– Ally xx
4 thoughts on “Spirali with Prawns & Coconut Milk”
Tastes good too! 🙂
Love the idea of pasta and coconut milk! Will try this out soon, hopefully
Do let me know how you go with it 🙂