ShefShaz is back again on Amcarmen’s Kitchen and this time I will be sharing a sweet breakfast option for those who love to start their day off on a sweet note – Mini Mixed Berry Pancakes served with Earl Grey Ice Cream and Fresh Fruit.
Before we dive into the recipe, if you missed my guest post a few days ago, I whipped up some delicious homemade Salmon Fish Cakes for the savoury breakfast eaters! You can also read more about my approach to food and how I know Ally.
PREP TIME 15 MINS | COOKING TIME 10 MINS | MAKES 24 MINI PANCAKES*
*Or 12 regular-sized pancakes
- 1 & 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 & 1/4 cups skimmed milk
- 57g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large free range egg
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Frozen mixed berries, or any other kind of fruits
- Digestive biscuits, crushed
- Earl Grey ice cream*
- Fresh fruits
- Icing sugar
- Lemon slices (for a kick of tang)
*Or any other flavoured ice cream that tickles your fancy.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F or gas mark 4). Grease a 24-hole mini cupcake tray with a bit of butter to prevent the pancake batter from sticking to the tray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together until you have a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and gently fold until just combined. Leave the mixture to rest for about 10 minutes to allow the baking powder to work its magic.
- Pour the batter into the tray, filling about 3/4 of the way and drop in your frozen mixed berries on top.
- Bake in the oven from about 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the pancake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down for about 5 minutes. Lightly dust with icing sugar and serve with ice cream, crushed digestive biscuits, and fresh fruit of your choice. Enjoy!
Before I end, I would like to thank Ally for giving me the opportunity to cook and write for her blog. We had a lot of fun during our cookout session – both the cooking and feeding our dishes to many tummies!
Recipe Copyright © 2018 | shefshaz