Hello Everyone! Wow, I cannot even begin to tell you guys how mentally and physically drained I am right now – well, if I am to talk about today in particular, it’s probably not from having worked for 17 days straight already with Sunday breaks, but because I probably had (not even) too much to drink. I said not even because I know that what I had a few hours ago was not my maximum capacity, but I’m feeling tipsy and sleepy already. My boss called for a “brainstorming” session after work hours which actually turned out to be a chill session with dumplings and beers (red wine for me because I’m sophisticated and classy af) haha!
Anyway, all that aside that the fact that I have to work this coming Sunday again, tonight’s recipe is a favourite of mine – I mean, who doesn’t like buffalo chicken?! We can’t be friends if you don’t like it; I’m serious. I served mine with a simple kale and roasted chickpea salad with crumbled blue cheese on top. Buffalo chicken goes well with anything blue cheese! Be sure to check out the original recipe over on Food.com; the original recipe calls to actually brush the sauce mixture onto the chicken, but I marinated the chicken in the sauce mixture instead to absorb all the yummy flavours into the flesh.
PREP TIME 20 MINS* | COOKING TIME 1 HOUR 35 MINS | SERVES 6
*plus 4-6 hours of marination, or preferably overnight
- 2kg butterflied whole chicken, washed and cleaned thoroughly
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 – 1 & 1/2 tbsp tabasco sauce (or more if you like a good punch)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 bulb garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground smoked paprika
- Ground salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the butter, in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until combined. Coat your chicken in the marinade and then leave in the fridge to marinate for about 4-6 hours (or preferably overnight). Remove chicken from the fridge 45-60 minutes before roasting to bring it back to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 230C (450F or gas mark 8). Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and place a rack above it.
- Place the chicken on the rack and into the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. The lower the heat down to 175C (350F or gas mark 4) and continue roasting for an hour and 20 minutes more. Baste the chicken with a little bit of butter at every 20 minute intervals.
- Once done, remove the oven and set aside to rest for about 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
– Ally xx