Hi Foodies! My name is Brendon D’Souza and I run the Sydney Food and Lifestyle Blog known as Brendon The Smiling Chef. I’m so honoured to be guest-posting here at AMCarmen’s Kitchen once again for the third time since Ally started her Auguest series.
In between running a busy collaborative workspace in the heart of Sydney, and a number of side hustles, I love developing fresh and tasty recipes that you will love to cook. Think comforting winter roasts, colourful salads, decadent desserts and much more!
Sydney will forever be known as the home of over-glorified Avocado Toast for breakfast (or “brekkie” as we like to call it), and you will always find a variation of this simple recipe at any cafe or restaurant.
Treat your friends to a gorgeous breakfast feast that’s actually super easy to prepare. This is a great recipe for children to make too!
PREP TIME 5 MINS | COOKING TIME — MINS | SERVES 1
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Toast the bread to your liking.
- Carefully peel the avocado and remove the stone.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh and slice.
- Drizzle the toast with olive oil and top with the sliced avocado and season with a touch of salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!
- Jazz up your Avo Toast with a selection of your favourite ingredients.
- Try smoked salmon, crispy bacon, fried eggs, rocket, feta, sliced cucumber, cherry tomatoes, roast beetroot or even fresh berries.
Check out my Instagram @brendonthesmilingchef to keep up do date with all my adventures.
Photo Courtesy & Recipe Copyright © 2018 | brendonthesmilingchef
Happy cooking and keep smiling,
– Brendon (Brendon The Smiling Chef)